Wednesday, December 31, 2008

{Devotion}

I hate to admit this, but ever since I started college my relationship with God has been somewhat lacking. Its not that I don't love God, I'm extremely thankful for his mercy and love, its just that I've been rather lazy over the past 3 years. I have yet to find and get involved with a really great church, and my quiet times have become almost nonexistent. In highschool I was so faithful with both of these things. I was very involved in church and had a quiet time almost every day. I still remember how refreshing it was to spend time each day with God. I miss those times. I've decided that the only way to make a change is to get into some type of routine. I do very well when I have some sort of plan, usually a plan that corresponds with some type of list. So here is the list..

1. I'm going to find a good church this Spring. I'm looking for a place filled with people who have a genuine heart for a.) God and b.) the lost. It would be nice to find a place that has really good worship ;) I haven't been in a good worship service since I was in highschool...so that was more than 3 years ago.

2. I bought a Beth Moore bible study and I'm going to be consistent and do the 10 weeks in an actual 10 week period. To do that I'll have to commit to 5 days a week. I absolutly love Beth Moore's teaching style. The study is on the Fruit of the Spirit...I def. need some work on that area :)

3. Most of my good prayer time is when I'm driving, and seeing how I'm in the car for over an hour a day, I think I'll be pretty good on this one. I'm making a worship playlist for my car :)

4. I've joined Beth Moore's scripture challenge. I'll learn two scriptures a month.

I've decided right from the start that this isn't going to be some legalistic spiritual to do list. These are all things that are imortant, but I know that I'll do them with joy :)

I'm most excited about finding a good church. I like the church I've been going to for the past couple years, but its a.) 40 minutes away and b.) a little more old fashioned for my taste.

I have a few ideas of where I'd like to go. I'll begin the search starting next Sunday.

No comments: