Thursday, January 15, 2009

{ New Verse }

My 2nd verse for January is...

"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

I looked up the Hebrew for my verse, and found it very interesting that for the NASB translation of "He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy" some of the corresponding words with shout are proclamation and triumph. :)

My last verse (from memory)
"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." - Luke 1:45

This verse has been a blessing, I find myself repeating it in those moments when life shows its bad side. Thank you God for the Word :)


....for the next two weeks I've changed my playlist song to Mighty to Save :)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Jessica Leigh!

Thought I would give a shout-out from one West Virginia girl to another! I am a Mountaineer in Texas. I love your blog page. I would love to get some pointers from you on how to get songs, etc. on mine. I am really bad with computers, but I would like to set-up a page with pics and music.

I am really glad to see some more WV girls in Siestaville. It is so wonderful that you have been a Christian for so long. I love that you have kept a journal of prayers since the 8th grade, what a treasure!!!

Very Sincerely,

Barbara S.

Jessica Leigh said...

Thanks, and I believe WV is the most beautiful place on earth, maybe not the most exciting, but the most beautiful:)

I put music on my blog by creating a (free) account with www.playlist.com. After I created my account I selected music that I liked and added it to my playlist. I posted a link (they generate one for you I believe) into a "gadget" via blogger. Here is a little tutorial on how to do that

http://www.ehow.com/how_2227764_layout-widgets-playlist-blogger-account.html

Hope this helps :)