Tuesday, January 27, 2009

{ What's on my nightstand }

I've heard great things about the Apothecary's Daughter and am pleased to announce it is on its way from Barnes and Noble. Also on the way are four of Jane Austen's novels. I'm planning on reading these this Spring. :)














I found Princess Academy for 5 dollars at Borders and couldn't resist. I have loads of picture books for my future classroom and decided I need to start adding some chapter books as well. I have it on my nightstand at present and hope to start reading it soon.




I started this book a couple of weeks ago, but school work has all but ruined my aspirations of finishing it quickly. I saw the movie version of Jane Eyre a few years ago and loved it, so I thought I'd give the book a try. I'm almost halfway finished, and find the book to be in a little bit of a lull at present. I'm sure it will pick up soon. :) Also included with this novel are Agnes Grey and Wuthering Heights. This was one of my other great Borders finds for 5 dollars. You can't beat 3 novels for 5 dollars. :)





6 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

What a great selection! I enjoyed The Apothecary's Daughter, and Austen's books are all wonderful! Happy Reading!

Nise' said...

You have got some great books! The only one I have not read yet is The Apothecary's Daughter. Happy Reading.

Robin of My Two Blessings said...

Great selection. I have all the austen books and will eventually get through them. Enjoy.

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

Great list!

I've wanted to read one of Shannon Hale's books.

ibeeeg said...

Jane Eyre is a must read! Loved that book. I am interested in reading Apothecary's Daughter.
I read Princess Academy this month - it was a good story. I really like Shannon Hale...Loved Goose Girl!!!

Lindsay said...

oo great selection! I just read Jane Eyre a few months ago and loved it! Have fun reading this month!